Lake Buchanan Conservation Corporation is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation chartered in January 2006. We are dedicated to improving the Lake Buchanan area in the beautiful Hill Country of Central Texas by restocking Lake Buchanan, improving lake access and educating the public. Watersports, fishing, hiking, boating, camping, wildlife conservation and public access around Lake Buchanan are just a few of the areas where LBCC is trying to make a difference.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Augmenting the restocking of the lake with fish that are approved by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Supporting the improvement and expansion of public boat ramps and parks.
- Improvements to fish habitat.
- Sponsoring events that will bring people to the lake.
- Fund raising activities to support LBCC goals.
- Advertising the LBCC via brochures, media ads, recreational shows, etc.
- Informing members and the public on matters that concern the lake and surrounding areas.
- We meet quarterly in January, April, July and October on the third Tuesday of the month. Click the link below to receive our Newsletter with upcoming meeting details and other updates.
The LBCC has established working relationships with:
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Area Businesses
- Local Governments
- The LCRA
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept.
- Fish Hatcheries
- Other Non-Profit organizations
Our sources of funding come from membership dues, fund raisers, donations by concerned citizens, groups, businesses and grants.
Join us today by becoming a member of Lake Buchanan Conservation Corp. and help us improve this beautiful area for many years to come so that all of us can continue to enjoy the many outdoor activities the Lake Buchanan area provides!